THIS PUDDING. All my dreams came true when I took my first spoonful of this creamy, decadent pudding. I am a huge banana cream pie fan so this recipe is right up my ally. I really can’t put into words how silky and creamy and delicious this really is. You MUST try this recipe and I promise you will love it. Also- there is something really amazing about whipping your own cream…like that feeling you get when your dough rises? I dunno maybe its just me but it gives me a huge sense of accomplishment in the kitchen. This pudding puts Schreiners(the best place to get a homemade pie in our town) banana creme pie to shame which believe me, I never thought could be possible. This is a really simple recipe with really rewarding results! I suggest making this when you have somewhere to bring a dish to pass, it makes a lot and if it stays in your fridge you will devour the entire bowl, late at night, when one gets hungry, with your husband.
|Banana creme truffle|| |
- 1 16 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups cold water
- 1 3.4 ounce box of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 box of nilla wafers
- 4 bananas, sliced
- In a kitchen aid mixer or in a large bowl (use a hand mixer), beat the sweetened condensed milk and water for about 2 minutes.
- Add the pudding mix to the milk mixture and continue to beat for another 2 minutes.
- Cover the bowl and store in fridge overnight.
- Again in your kitchen aid mixer or in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, whip the cream until stiff peaks have formed. (This step took me about 6-7 minutes of whipping)
- Next stir in the chilled pudding mixture gently, until combined.
- Layer wafers, banana slices, pudding and continue in a large serving bowl, or use individual serving dishes.
Happy weekend! In case you missed this exciting news: my gluten-free Mexican pizza recipe got its own little blurp in the May 2013 issue of FAMILY FUN MAGAZINE. It is only my absolute favorite parenting magazine so naturally when an editor contacted me a few months back I was really really excited. They always have the best craft and food ideas for your kids, you should look into getting the magazine if you don’t already!