Guys, I promise you I have been cooking. I have just been so gung-ho about my oils that I want to tell everyone about them because LIFE CHANGING. I know some of you are just here for the food, and I can totally relate to that. Story of my life. So this is for my foodies.
Whenever I have nothing planned for supper and I am hunting through the cupboards trying to muster up the ingridients for a meal, I almost always will make something Mexican. Why? Because it’s MY favorite and I am a selfish human. God forgives me though.
Every day whilst making supper the boys ask me “what are you making for supper, mom”, and if it’s something they don’t like, all 3 of them in whine form, sing back to me, ” AWWWWWUHHHHH.”
Because we are mean parents and they know they will have to eat it regardless. SUCKAS.
If it’s not rice, beans, plain tacos, or nachos, don’t even think they will entertain the idea of Mexican food.
But honestly we didn’t have to force this one down their throats. They really liked it.
Those little stinkers…most times, once they try something they end up liking it. If they just listened to that scoundrel Daniel Tiger that they watch every day, “we gotta try new food cuz it might taste good.” Daniel and I don’t agree on many things but this is a song I can get behind.
It’s just getting them to take that first bite. Oh the tears and tantrums we endure to force our kids to eat food that is good for their growing little bodies. How dare we. (By the way, we do use an oil for those tantrums! I knew I couldn’t go too long without talking about my oils. Rub a little Valor right on the spine…even sneak hug it on if you have to, and it calms an emotional meltdown so fast!)
One more thing. CROCKPOT. Did you read that in the recipe title. You’re welcome.
For this recipe you will need to use enchilada sauce… this is our favorite enchilada sauce. Choose wisely because the sauce makes this one.
This is the recipe source.
|Crockpot enchilada quinoa|| |
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups of your favorite enchilada sauce (divided)
- 1 15-ounce can of diced fire roasted tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 cup un-cooked quinoa + ½ cup water
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
- Toppings optional: cilantro, diced tomatoes, diced avocado, sour cream, extra cheese
- In your crock pot add corn, beans, 1 cup enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes, chiles, quinoa, water, cream cheese, cumin, garlic powder, and salt & pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour another cup of enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours.
- Top with cilantro, tomatoes, avocados, sour cream and cheese.