What do you do when you are craving Chiptole’s cilantro lime rice, but the nearest one is 40 minutes away AND its 10 pm? You make this. I added the corn because its in season and I wanted to make a meal out of this recipe, and I certainly did. We are trying to keep up with our fresh cilantro that is abundantly growing and since I am a self-proclaimed cilantro addict, we aren’t having any problems doing so. This quinoa is the perfect fill you up meal but still light enough for summer, and the taste is super fresh.
My beautiful peonies…say it isn’t so! My arrangement only lasted a few weeks and now they are all gone, sooo sad. The fresh bouquets at the farmers market just don’t compare. Our house is just happier when their is fresh flowers on the dining room table, or maybe it’s just mom thats happier.
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 small bag frozen yellow corn
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- In a large pot combine uncooked quinoa and water.
- Bring to a boil, then turn heat on low for 15 minutes, or until quinoa has absorbed almost all of the water.
- Stir in corn and butter.
- Squeeze lime juice over, and stir.
- Throw in cilantro, and stir to combine.