(hopefully you won’t leave your tart unattended like I did, letting the top burn a bit. But who doesn’t love a bit of burnt sugar?).
Cranberry walnut torte is my favorite so I was excited to try a tart version. Simply delicious.
The crust recipe was found here.
Also- did you know that it is -8 deegrees here today? It is the worst. And a fantastic excuse to cancel my plans, stay in my sweats and start some valentines projects with the kids. Stay warm!
- • 1 cup chopped walnuts
- • 1 stick butter melted
- • 3 tablespoons flour
- • ½ cup brown sugar
- • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla
- • 2 eggs
- • ½ cup corn syrup
- • 1½ cups cranberries
- Tart shell:
- • 1 cup flour
- • ⅓ cup sugar
- • dash of salt
- • 5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- • 1 egg lightly beaten
- • ½ tablespoon water
- First make the tart shell dough. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar and salt.
- Blend in butter until mixture is coarse and crumby.
- Add egg and stir until mixture forms a ball. Add water if necessary.
- Wrap in plastic and store in fridge for at least an hour.
- Grease a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Press pastry dough onto the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
- Next: the filling.
- In another large mixing bowl mix all the filling ingredients. When all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated, pour into tart shell.
- Bake another 30 minutes.