Chicken fried rice is one of my favorites and by using quinoa instead, it makes it a tad bit healthier. Therefore you can eat, like 3 times as much as normal. Thats how that works right? I love this meal because you can just throw it all in the crock pot and thats IT. All you need for an entire meal is right in there! You can use whatever veggies you like, add more sauce, more eggs, use steak, use shrimp, its so versatile. You can also find soy sauce and worcestershire sauce gluten-free to make this a total gluten-free dish if you’d like. I know that LaChoy makes gluten-free sauces. So now you don’t have to order 2 extra large sides of chicken fried rice when you order take-out and devour them with your husband at a silly time of night, because you know how to make it yourself!
- 2 cups, cooked quinoa (or rice)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Tastefully Simple Merlot Sauce OR 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of cooked chicken pieces, (rotisserie seems to work the best and taste the best but cooked chicken breast pieces are fine too)
- 1 small bag of frozen veggies
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Place all ingredients in the crock pot on low heat, cracking the eggs over the top last.
- Stir gently.
- Cover and let it heat for at least two hours, or 1 hour on med-high heat.
We just got back from our vacation and it was simply put, fabulous. You will have to excuse my lack of posts this past week. I had a bunch of recipes all lined up and ready to go for the week but then I decided I was really going to “be on vacation” and not worry about it. I barely even opened social media, or my laptop and it was quite refreshing. Now I have 500+ emails to weed through though so I guess it’s back to reality.
*also thank you for your sweet e-mails about Jack’s graduation, it feels really great to hear your own experiences about kids growing up too fast and makes me feel less crazy to know I am not the only one!