For this recipe you will need the Smokey Cheddar Cheeseball mix from Tastefully Simple, which unfortunatley they don’t make anymore. So those of you who don’t already have this product, I would reccommend using either the Roasted Onion Warm Dip Mix or the Smoked Bacon Warm Dip Mix. If you decide to use either of those, I would just add more cheddar cheese to keep it cheesy. Let me know if this makes sense or if you have a question.
You will need:
- 1 packet Tastefully Simple smokey cheddar cheese ball mix (or another cheese ball mix)
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, and extra or garnish
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tastefully Simple’s Garlic Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Tastefully Simple’s Bacon Bacon (if you are using the smoked bacon dip mix, I would skip adding the bacon bacon)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup rice, cooked
Put the cream cheese in the crockpot to warm it up, on low heat. Mix cheese ball packet with cream cheese until smooth. Add chicken to the crockpot, smothering with cream cheese mixture. Add milk, onions, garlic garlic, bacon bacon, and cheese. Heat on low to medium heat for 5 hours or until chicken is cooked. Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Serve over rice and top with extra cheese.
This was so yummy on a cold winter night! We served it over white rice and broccoli on the side, topped with more cheese!