You will need:
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 lb ground hot Italian sausage
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups (32 oz) chicken stock
- 3 cups russet potatoes, cubed
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups kale, in bite size pieces
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- parmesan cheese, grated
In a large pot, cook the bacon until crispy. Drain some of the grease. Add the sausage, breaking it apart as it cooks. Once sausage is browned and crumbled, drain off grease leaving a tbsp to saute the onion. Push the sausage and bacon to the edge of the pot and add the onion to the center; saute until translucent; add garlic; saute for a minute. Put bacon/sausage/onion/garlic mixture in the crock pot on low.
Add the stock and potatoes into the crockpot. Season with salt and pepper. Heat on low for 4-6 hours or until the potatoes are tender.
Add kale and heavy whipping cream 30 minutes before serving, turn crock pot on high. Serve warm topped with grated parmesan.
Recipe adapted from here.