These are a family favorite of ours. It is our good friend and pediatrician Dr. Don’s recipe. They are everything you love about banana bread with a perfectly creamy frosting. We brought these for snack at school last time it was our turn and the kids loved them!
|Dr. Don's frosted banana bars|| |
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups mashed, ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, bananas, vanilla, baking soda and salt.
- Continue to mix and slowly add flour.
- Pour batter in a greased 18x26x2 inch pan (if you can find it, otherwise a 1inch will work just fine).
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees, be sure not to over-bake!
|Cream cheese frosting|| |
- ¾ cup butter
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Beat butter, cream cheese and vanilla together.
- *make sure butter and cream cheese are at room temp!
- Continue mixing and add powdered sugar ½ cup at a time.
- Spread over cooled bars.
Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by! A big thanks to Dr. Don for sharing this wonderful recipe with us, and for being the best pediatrician anyone could ask for!