- 3/4 cups sesame oil
- 1-2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
- spaghetti noodles, cooked
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 3 shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup of peanuts, chopped
- Combine crushed pepper and sesame oil in a pan, heat over medium for about 3 minutes.
- Strain pepper flakes out of oil.
- Pour remaining oil into a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk honey, soy sauce, and peanut butter with remaining sesame oil.
- Mix sauce with cooked noodles.
- Stir in green onions, carrots, cilantro and half of the chopped peanuts.
- Use the rest of the peanuts for topping, serve warm.
Beware of the crushed red pepper! It gives this dish more of a kick than you may think. 1 1/2 teaspoons was plenty spicy for me and my family.
Recipe by The Holzmanns at http://hannahholzmann.com/spicy-thai-noodles/