- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon TS merlot sauce
- 1 tablespoon TS onion onion
- 1 tablespoon TS garlic garlic
- 1/2 cup gated cheddar cheese (plus extra for topping)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans (chickpeas, from the can)
Mix all of the ingredients together with your hands in a large mixing bowl. Form into patties. Top with additional cheese.
Bake in the oven on a baking stone at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or grill.
This is another one of my “sneaky mama” tricks. These burgers are delicious and my kids love them. But they have no idea there are healthy beans in them! Score 1 for mom.