Did you ever just crave a really good, hearty meatball with an ooey gooey sauce? I know I am not the only one. This recipe will be sure to take care of those cravings, no problem. I usually only make meatballs for holidays but one rainy day I just had a hankering for some comfort food and my husband is crazy for meatballs, especially mine –So I whipped these up with some roasted red potatoes, steamed broccoli and they went over really well, even with one picky little 2 year old.
There is something so comforting and homey about a juicy meatball with the right sauce, I’m not quite sure why. These meatballs are made using Tastefully Simple’s Merlot Sauce, which has always been a favorite of mine and I think they really make the flavor of this sauce stand out. I love using Merlot Sauce as a steak sauce alone but it is great in my meatloaf recipe and delicious in these savory meatballs. If you need some Merlot Sauce you can find it here.
- 1 Tbsp.Tastefully Simple’s Seasoned Salt OR 1 Tbsp. your favorite seasoning
- 2 Tbsp.Tastefully Simple’s Merlot Sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 4 oz. breadcrumbs
- 3 beaten eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup grape jelly
- ½ cup brown sugar
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef, garlic, seasoned salt, merlot sauce, salt, pepper, onion, breadcrumbs, and beaten eggs.
- Mix ingredients with your hands and roll into ½inch-1inch balls, depending on your preference.
- Place on a baking stone or greased baking pan.
- Heat meatballs at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Be sure not to over cook or the meatballs with get tough.
- Remove meatballs from oven and use tongs to place them in a slow cooker.
- Whisk together maple syrup, ketchup, honey and grape jelly in small bowl.
- Pour sauce mixture over meatballs and heat on low-medium for at least 10 minutes or until you are ready to serve.
We have been out all week enjoying the sunshine-y, summery weather, doin’ summer things! I even have a slight tan! Thanking God for this beautiful week! Although it is supposed to cool down for this Mother’s Day weekend, we have some fun things planned! I hope all you mothers out there have a lovely weekend and I tip my hat off to you all. Being a mother is the hardest job ever with the most rewarding results. We all deserve a day totally devoted to us mommys!