We are on a huge quinoa kick lately thanks to my brother-in-law! He made us red quinoa last weekend with salmon and we are hooked. I can’t get over how good this stuff tastes and the endless possibilities of dishes to serve it in. What really gets me though is how healthy it is for you. Did you know quinoa has twice the amount of protein as meat, per ounce? Pretty crazy right!? This salad has been great to have in the fridge all week for lunch. It is packed with veggies and even more protein with the garbanzo beans. The lemon basil dressing is so light and fresh, you will love this. So what are you waiting for?
|Quinoa veggie salad with lemon basil dressing|| |
- 1 cup quinoa
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1½ cups frozen corn, thawed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1½ tsp. fresh chopped basil
- In a medium sized pot, over high heat, pour 2 cups of water and the quinoa.
- Heat until a rolling boil is reached, then simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop up tomatoes, pepper, and onions and layer them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add your corn, and beans to the bowl.
- Prepare your dressing by whisking together olive oil, lemon juice, and chopped basil.
- When quinoa has cooled, add it to your bowl of veggies, pour dressing over the top and mix really well.
- Store in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.