You know I feel like I never got pork right until I tried this recipe. Do you know what I mean? I always stray away from pork because it just never turns out moist and tender enough for my liking. The only other way I have cooked pork and really liked it was in the crock pot for shredded pork sandwiches or crock pot pork chops. But me cooking pork in the oven is always a catastrophe, until this recipe. I really think the marinating makes all the difference and heating them at such a high temp, for a short amount of time. These are so tender and flavorful, a great recipe to impress dinner guests. My advice: turn on your broiler and broil these for a few extra minutes because let me tell you, a little burnt honey on top is super tasty. The pork serves beautifully over cooked red quinoa with a dash of fresh squeezed orange juice.
- 2 lbs. pork tenderloin or pork chops
- ½ cup of French Dressing, divided
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder or 1 tablespoon Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic
- 1tsp. dry mustard
- 1tsp. paprika
- ½tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 2Tbsp. honey
- Brush pork with 2 tablespoons of french dressing and store covered in fridge for at least 2 hours to marinate but up to 6.
- Mix dry seasonings together and rub onto both sides of pork.
- Mix together remainiing french dressing and honey.
- Brush dressing mixture over pork.
- Place pork in a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 145 degrees F.
- Heat oven to 450ºF. Brush meat with 2 Tbsp. dressing. Mix dry seasonings; rub onto meat. Place in shallow pan. Mix remaining dressing and honey; set aside. Bake 20 to 22 min. or until meat is done (145ºF), brushing with dressing mixture after 10 min. Transfer to cutting board; cover. Let stand 3 min. before slicing.
In totally unrelated news: My sister-in-law had her baby and we have ourselves a new nephew! Oliver Hebron is so perfect and makes 5 BOY grandchildren in our family! Boys are just the best aren’t they? As much as it pains me to take back all the cute outfits I bought for my new niece (I really thought it was a girl!) we are looking forward to all the memories that will be made with all of the boy cousins! My boys are really excited to have a new cousin named “Oliber” and they say they never want any girls in our family! In fact Jack has told me that he would like 2 more brothers, and wants to know when he can get them. And to that I say, how about we get you a new 3DS game and call it a day? Well Jack, I think you will get your wish because I don’t think anyone in this family is capable of making any girls and you know, we are ok with that! Bring on the bug hunting, never ending energy, mud tracking, lego building, and most importantly, MOMMY LOVING boys for life!