These are my new favorite Thai noodles, wowza. I am in love with these noodles. They are a perfect, no- fuss dinner that the whole family will love. Tone down the red pepper flakes if you are serving to children, and add a little more peanut butter. All I had to tell my kids was that the sauce was made out of peanut butter and they that they could put peanuts on top of their noodles and they thought it was a really special treat. They looked at me like I had just told them they could eat cake for dinner. Anyway, if you like Thai food TRY THESE. And if you don’t like Thai food we can no longer be friends. Just kidding, but seriously I can’t imagine someone not liking these scrumptious noodles! Totally added this to our meal rotation. Also a good option for Fridays in Lent when you are sick of fish:: you can still get some of the protein without the meat.
- ¾ cups sesame oil
- 1-2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1½ tablespoons peanut butter
- spaghetti noodles, cooked
- ⅓ cup green onions, chopped
- 3 shredded carrots
- ⅓ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¾ cup of peanuts, chopped
- Combine crushed pepper and sesame oil in a pan, heat over medium for about 3 minutes.
- Strain pepper flakes out of oil.
- Pour remaining oil into a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk honey, soy sauce, and peanut butter with remaining sesame oil.
- Mix sauce with cooked noodles.
- Stir in green onions, carrots, cilantro and half of the chopped peanuts.
- Use the rest of the peanuts for topping, serve warm.
Recipe adapted from : here.