So you have guests coming over in an hour and nothing scrumptious to serve them, eh? What ever will you do? Can you believe this bread is not only delicious but it turns out perfectly every time, makes your house smell delightful, and you can whip it up in less than an hour? Problem solved. That is the exact scenario that I use this recipe for the most because lets face it, when a mom is on a time crunch we need a good recipe from the box to throw in the oven, but also one that doesn’t taste like a box recipe. Am I right? Sure we love to bake from scratch when there is time to clean up the kitchen right afterwards, but remember you have guests coming over! For this recipe you will only dirty 1 mixing bowl, 1 loaf pan and a wooden spoon if you play your cards right. Let me just tell you that I would pay 4$ a slice for this bread at Starbucks, it is that good. I have added a handful of dark chocolate chips to the batter because everything is better with chocolate right? Frankly though, you don’t need the chocolate, the bread can stand alone deliciously. You can order your bread mix HERE if you want give this recipe a try.
- 1 package Tastefully Simple's Sugar & spice chai bread mix
- 1 cup water
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon water (for frosting mix)
- Butter and flour a 9x5 loaf pan, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine packet 1 of the chai bread mix with 1 cup water and 10 tablespoons of butter.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
- Stir together frosting packet and 1 tablespoon water.
- When bread has cooled, drizzle icing over the top.
Until next time friends….these days I am never sure when that will be, so thank you for sticking around for my sporadic blog posts! Our schedules are more full than ever this summer which is really great fun, but somedays this leaves me with a choice of an hour of blogging or an hour of yoga…and guys, I really like yoga. Our mornings are filled with swimming lessons, our afternoons outdoors, and our evenings at soccer games, baseball games, and VBS. I am so worn out at night from my boys that blogging at night has been out of the question.But seriously this summer so far, two thumbs up! I hope your summer is going well and you are taking time for yourself! As always, thanks for your visit.