If you are a creme brûlée lover like me, you will LOVE this easy recipe! You can prepare it the night before and throw it in the oven in the morning. We made it for Easter morning brunch. A great dish to pass for a brunch, no?!
- loaf of french bread, cubed
- 8 egg yolks
- 4 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup sugar plus 2 tablespoons
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- In a large, greased casserole dish layer ⅓ of the cubed french bread.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk remaining ingredients together (except the extra 2 tablespoons of sugar).
- Pour enough of the creme mixture over the bread to cover.
- Press bread down into creme with a spoon.
- Continue layering until the all the creme is gone.
- Cover with tinfoil tightly and refrigerate over night if possible, or for at least 2 hours.
- Bake at 325° for 60 minutes.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of sugar and broil on high for an additional 5 minutes. If you have a kitchen torch you can use that for better results.