When fall rolls around the crock pot makes it’s way up from the basement and finds a temporary home in the kitchen. I use my crock so much during the fall and winter months that I leave it out on the counter. That being said, I like to look for “challenging” crock pot recipes if those even exist? But you know what I mean right? I don’t always like the recipes where you just dump some cans of condensed soup, along with some raw meat and call it dinner. Sometimes those recipes work out and are great, but a lot of them turn out rather tasteless and sloppy. I like to think you need to put a little bit of work into a meal to get good results. So while these ribs are not hard or a lot of work, in fact they are quite simple, you don’t just toss everything together in one step. I promise you it really isn’t much work at all and the results are tender and savory fall off the bone ribs.You are welcome to skip making the sauce and use store bought if you’d like! I have found myself married to a man that detests store bought BBQ sauce. I think it comes from his dislike of anything “sweet” on or near his meat. He is real manly about meat, you know how that goes. This recipe for BBQ sauce is a little more savory than sweet if you like that kinda thing.
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 8-9 lbs pork ribs
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1-cup raw honey
- 5-8 drops hot sauce
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ground pepper
- First make the BBQ sauce.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk ketchup, honey, hot sauce, dry mustard, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and pepper.
- Pour sauce into a sauce pan and heat on medium until everything is incorporated.
- Mix together dry ingredients to create a rub: paprika, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Cover ribs with rub on both sides and place in the crock pot on low heat.
- Let the ribs heat for 2 hours then pour sauce over the top.
- Heat an additional 4-6 hours.
Hope you are having a blessed week friends!