Happy Valentines day! Valentines day couldn’t have fallen on a better day this year, no? The day after we fast on Ash Wednesday….I couldn’t be more excited to eat great food today!
Crème brûlée is my favorite dessert of all time so naturally I try any variation of crème brûlée I come across. I wrote this oatmeal recipe down a long time ago and finally got around to making it. I changed the recipe up quite a bit as the original recipe called for a bunch of fake sugar which I changed to raw honey. I also discovered that if you don’t want a crusty, dry oatmeal bake, you need more milk than the recipe called for, so I adjusted that as well. Enjoy this super simple recipe that can turn boring old oatmeal into wow!
Did you catch my crème brûlée french toast recipe?
|Crème brûlée oatmeal|| |
- 2¼ cups oats
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Whisk together milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in oats, honey and cinnamon.
- Pour into a large baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Broil for 5 minutes or until brown sugar is bubbly and slightly burnt.
- Serve warm with berries.