Happy Feast of St Valentine from 3 out of 4 of my Valentines to yours! I can’t wait to celebrate with the boys at their Valentines parties at school, we worked so hard on our cards this year. We have some fun things planned for our Friday night at home as well! Love is in the air!
Keeping it simple for dinner tonight and making this one pot chicken pasta from Yellow Bliss Road. We have made this recipe a lot over the winter season. 1 because it is delicious and 2 because one pot, duh. You won’t believe how simple this is and how flavorful it turns out.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into one inch chunks
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 small onion diced
- olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 box dry pasta
- ½ cup water
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (26-28 oz)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot on medium heat.
- Add garlic and onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink.
- Add jar of spaghetti sauce, chicken broth, water, bay leaf, diced tomatoes,and seasoning to the pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add dry pasta. Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 20 minutes stirring only a few times.
- If all the pasta isn't covered by liquid, add more chicken broth or water.
- Stir in cheese and serve warm.
Recipe adapted from:Yellow Bliss Road
Happy Weekend and don’t forget to enter the Pink Blush Maternity giveaway before it’s too late!