You will need:
- 2 bags of beans (whatever kinds you prefer, we used a bag of mixed beans and a bag of great northern)
- 10 cups water
- dill, chopped
- 3 cups of cooked ham chopped
- 2 tablespoons TS dried tomato and garlic pesto
- 1 tablespoon TS seasoned salt or Lawrys seasoning
- 1 package frozen peas
- 1 cup uncooked rice (we used Texmati brown rice)
Rinse beans and put into a large pot with 6 cups of water or enough to cover all the beans. Bring to a boil then simmer, covered, on low for about 20 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and add more water as you need it.
Cook covererd for 2 additional hours minimum, checking frequently to stir and add water.
This is a great “use your Easter or Christmas ham up” recipe. A great tasting, very healthy recipe loaded with fiber! My husband says its the best soup I have ever made!