Annndd this is my solution for all my leftover farmers market veggies that needed to be used. Yellow zucchinis go bad before green zucchinis? Seriously, why do they? It’s a mystery to me. Also it should be noted that zucchinis are a HOT item at the farmers market this summer. If you need zucchinis you had better get to the farmers market RIGHT when it opens because those puppies fly off the stands. Zucchinis were hard to come by early in the summer ,due to the weather, I was told, so as soon as they were available, they were in high demand. And we have been eating them every which way for about a month.
I don’t usually do a lot of stir fry meals in the summer but I was running out of ideas for all these yummy veggies. This has been my go-to stir fry recipe for a long time and God-forbid the day Tastefully Simple stops making their Teriyaki sauce and I will have to make my own! I always add a bit of peanut butter because I am sassy like that. Sometimes I will even throw in a hand full of peanuts. SCANDALOUS. Oh deary…please forgive this post. It has been a long, busy, exhausting week with 3 boys that have way more energy than me.
|Teriyaki peanut stirfry|| |
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, peeled & sliced
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, washed & ends cut off (if they are store bought, you can skip this step)
- 4-6 carrots, peeled & sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, rinsed & sliced
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons Tastefully Simple Honey Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- sesame seeds
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and garlic on medium heat for about a minute.
- Toss in onions and heat until translucent.
- Mix in carrots, sugar snap peas, and mushrooms. Turn heat to low and cover for 15 minutes.
- Toss in zucchini, turn heat up to medium, and heat for 3-4 minutes.
- In a separate dish whisk together peanut butter and teriyaki sauce.
- Combine sauce with veggies in the skillet.
- Serve warm and top with sesame seeds for garnish.